INTEGRATED MARINE STEAM TURBINE PROPULSION PLANT
An integrated marine steam turbine propulsion plant is described. The general concept of the plant is presented, followed by a view of the finally evolved plant, including: arrangement; boiler; turbine-gear-condenser unit; ship's service and auxiliary power; cargo handling power; fuel handling unit; and bilge and ballast, fire, fresh water, sanitary, and control air systems. Further consideration is given to: component preliminary performance characteristics; operating principles and sequence; research history and unqiue features; possible design variations; reliability, maintenance and manning; initial and operating costs; preliminary machinery arrangements; and end results required of a computer simulation of the power plant operation. An appendix gives drawings, sketches, and calculations.
- This document ia available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number A-5-I.
Allis-Chalmers Manufacturing CompanyNuclear Pump Section
Milwaukee, WI USA
Henry (JJ) Company, IncorporatedMoorsetown, NJ USA
Combustion Engineering, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1962-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 226 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Integrated systems; Propulsion; Steam power plants; Steam turbines
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsion equipment; Steam turbine propulsion
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026545
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-2803
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM