TRIP GENERATION ANALYSIS
This step-by-step approach which is easily monitored and updated with more efficient use of survey and secondary source data, is based upon cross classification for residential trip generation and upon rates for non-residential generation. The process involves developing trip production and trip attractions as generally used for input to the gravity model trip distribution process. Other trip end values such as origins and destinations may be used with only slight variations. The approach is based upon a control of total trips at the home end. The residential trip generation depends upon the percentage of households with 0, 1, 2, 3 or more autos to household income, and person trips per household to car ownership and income. Density of households is also a suggested variable. The suggested stratification for residential trip generation is described as well as the development of the trip purpose and mode choice models. Statistical and reasonableness checks for trip generation are discussed, areas of consideration in the development and application of procedures are highlighted, and the handling of activities such as external travel and truck and taxi forecasts are covered.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automobile ownership; Automobiles; Data collection; Forecasting; Gravity models; Income; Mode choice; Monitoring; Origin and destination; Residential areas; Statistics; Surveys; Taxicabs; Traffic assignment; Trip generation; Trip purpose; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Modal selection
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00129631
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM