PLANNING AND DESIGN OF AIRPORTS
This text, prepared for students and those engaged in airport development, contains historical information on airport planning and design as well as data on current practices and policies. There are 13 chapters which cover the following topics: the nature of civil aviation; airport financing; aircraft characteristics related to airport design; air traffic control; capacity and delay; airport planning; airport configuration; geometric design of the landing area; planning and design of the terminal area; lighting, marking and signing; heliport and STOLport design; structural design of airport pavements; and airport drainage. A complete bibliography of the basic and frequently revised publications governing these various aspects of airport development is included at the end of each chapter.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10036
- HORONJEFF, R
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 460 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Airport capacity; Airport planning; Airport runways; Airports; Design; Drainage; Financing; Freight terminals; Geometric design; Heliports; Intermodal terminals; Jet propelled aircraft; Landing; Lighting; Pavement design; Planning; Shape; Signs; STOL ports; Structural design; Traffic delays
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design; Capacity; Configuration
- Old TRIS Terms: Marking
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00129627
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM