NS SAVANNAH REPLACEMENT CONTROL ROD DRIVES SAFEGUARDS REPORT. VOLUME 1: DESCRIPTION
The safeguard report for describing N.S. Savannah replacement control rod drives is presented. Two sections deal with (1) description of replacement drive, vessel head, and support systems and (2) rod drive reliability. Design criteria and the general system are outlined along with details of the electrical system, mechanisms, principles of operation, safety features, and construction materials. Design justification, qualification, and experience are also discussed. Illustrations are included for mechanisms and assembly, relay diagrams, and test set-ups.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1249-Vol-1.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
Borg-Warner CorporationMarvel-Schebler Products Division
Decatur, IL United States
- Publication Date: 1962-10
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 313 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety; Spare parts; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor control systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026542
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1249
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2478
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM