PROGRESS REPORT ON TRANSPORT FORECASTING PROGRAM
The Canadian Transport Ministry and Commission have instructed the Forecasting Team of the Economic and Econometric Research Departments to construct a forecasting model applicable for transport planning and regulating. The Team's aim is, therefore, to create a model not just for short and medium-term forecasts but also for analysing the influence of the various factors behind the generation or distribution of transport. The model will be built by successive iteration of a three-stage process: inventory of the technical and institutional situation at the outset; collection of data and definition of the model; application of the model. The report is presented on completion of the first iteration. A first chapter runs over 6 families of model proposed to date and makes critical remarks on their resources, properties and application possibilities. The next three chapters give: the general outline of the rail transport forecasting model, and the outline of forecasts for transport by sea. There are appendices giving some some details on the sources of the statistical material used and its treatment.
- A Forecasting Program - Working Paper.
Canadian Transport CommissionSystems Analysis Branch, 275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Economic forecasting; Freight transportation; Governments; Mathematical models; Planning; Statistical analysis; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; National transport policy
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM