GEOGRAPHIC PERSPECTIVES ON THE FUTURE OF AMERICAN RAILROADS
This publication reproduces the text of papers and exchanges of views presented to the annual meeting of the Association of American Geographers, held in Atlanta in April 1973, on the subject of Railroads. The following are the authors and titles: Mayer, Harold M.: The future of the American railroad network. Wallace, William H.: The future of railroad freight transportation in the United States. Matchett, Ronald L.: Implications of the British Freightliner for the future of the American railroads. Francavigua, Richard F. and Silberman, A. Jerome: The future of intercity rail passenger service in the United States.
Quastler (I.E.)Atlanta, Georgia
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Competition; Consolidations; Containerization; Demand; Freight transportation; Intercity transportation; Intermodal services; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Transportation modes; Travel demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Freightliners
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00095204
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1976 12:00AM