A STATE-OF-THE-ART REVIEW OF TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS EVALUATION TECHNIQUES RELEVANT TO AIR TRANSPORTATION. VOLUME I
The applicability of techniques that are used in the economic evaluation process of ground transportation systems to air transportation is reviewed in this first volume of the 2 volume report. Different viewpoints regarding transportation system decision processes are discussed in detail. A broad range of topics including public sector expenditures, individuals' preferences in community planning, actual case studies, evaluation modelling algorithms, and approaches used by the various citizen participation programs are covered. It is concluded that there is no one transportation evaluation model that can effectively deal with all the aspects of a transportation technology and the groups affected by it.
- This report was prepared for the Ames Research Center, National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Seri-2.
Washington University, St LouisDepartment of Civil Engineering
St Louis, MO United States 63130
- Haefner, L E
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Algorithms; City planning; Decision making; Economic conditions; Economic impacts; Mathematical models; Public participation; State of the art studies; Systems analysis; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00129617
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA CR-137770
- Contract Numbers: NAS2-8324
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM