TRANSIT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR IOWA
This inventory of transit services in Iowa covers urban transit, intercity passenger bus carriers and charter operators, taxicab operations, rural transit services and special services, and includes the results of questionnaire and interview surveys, and the resulting recommendations. The recommendations urge a centralized source of data and expertise, a public information program, the utilization of federal aid, the continuance of existing transit services with no dimunition of service level, the establishment of new services in communities of over 20,000 population, the sponsorship of demonstrations in communities with populations of 10,000 to 20,000, and the development and improvement of rural transit service. Based on state and local community experience, recommendations are made concerning revenue sources to support transit in Iowa, and four alternative state transit assistance programs are presented.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1166
- Sponsored by the Iowa Department of Transportation.
Engineering Research InstituteIowa State University, 104 Marston Hall
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Carstens, R L
- Mercier, C R
- Kannel, E J
- Ring, S L
- Butler, D L
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 229 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Buses; Charter operations; Demonstration projects; Grant aid; Information dissemination; Intercity bus lines; Inventory; Public relations; Public transit; Recommendations; Revenues; Rural areas; Surveys; Taxicabs; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Special service; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00129612
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1166
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UMTA-IA-09-9001 A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1981 12:00AM