GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION INFORMATION FOR EXPERIMENTS 8 AND 9 IN THE ORR PRESSURIZED-WATER LOOP
Uranium dioxide fuel specimens are irradiated in the pressurized-water loop concurrently. The two general types of specimens included are collapsed-clad pellitized uranium dioxide fuel rods, and vibratory-compacted sintered-and-ground uranium dioxide fuel rods. Estimates are given of specimen and loop performance at both nominal and scram or setback values.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ORNL-CF-62-5-14.
Oak Ridge National LaboratoryP. O. Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN United States 37831
Union Carbide Nuclear Company,
- Haynes, V O
- Publication Date: 1962-5-16
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel elements; Fuel systems; Nuclear fuels
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026538
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: W-7405-eng-26
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM