NEW TUG-BARGE SYSTEM FOR BOTH COASTAL AND OCEAN SERVICE
The established concept of a rigidly linked tug and barge has now been evolved to a stage where the combination can be operated as a full seagoing vessel. A new system for rigidly connecting a tug and a barge for service in a full ocean environment is now available. The interconnection is achieved semiautomatically and the resultant vessel has many commercial and technical benefits. These benefits and the actual system components are fully described.
American Chemical Society1155 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 1
- Issue Number: 26
- TRT Terms: Barges; Tug ship interaction; Tugboats; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge transportation systems; Tug barge linkage; Tug barge operations; Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095150
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM