HEAVY WEATHER DAMAGE INSTRUMENTATION SYSTEMS
The phenomena known to be the cause of hull damage in heavy weather are slamming, the shipping of green water over the bow, and excessive hull stress. This report presents the results of a limited literature search on these phenomena, and a description of several commercially available systems which have been developed for measuring these forces.
- Paper prepared for NMRC-Kings Point by the authors under a Maritime Administration contract.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointKings Point, NY United States 11024
- Carleton, H
- Winton, H
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Instrumentation; Slamming; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Heavy weather damage; Hull damage; Hull instrumentation; Hull stress
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095147
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-120A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM