THE SEA RATCHET
The SEA RATCHET is a device which will substantially reduce wave induced motions as well as increase deck loading flexibility. Slung deeply beneath existing semisubmersibles using chains, the ratchet action results from its upward only damping action entraining a hundred thousand tons of apparent mass. Filmed scale model tests have been conducted.
- Presented at Offshore Technology Conference May 6-8, 1975.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- Haselton, F R
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Engineering); Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Semisubmersibles; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore platform stability
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095136
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Hydrospace-Challenger Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTC 2283
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM