CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE STRUCTURAL DETAILING OF ALUMINUM SHIPS. GUIDELINES FOR THE CONVERSION OF CASDOS.
The CASDOS computer program has been initially developed and proven on steel construction. It is the desire of the Naval Ship Emgomeeromg Center to modify CASDOS for the detail design of all-aluminum boats and ships. This report attempts to provide the designer and computer programmer with background information on the peculiarity of aluminum ship details and aluminum construction methods. No experimental work was done in the preparation of this report. Rather the report is a compilation of the knowledge and experience of Alcoa engineers and designers who have worked on various aluminum marine construction projects.
Aluminum Company of AmericaAlcoa Laboratories
Alcoa Center, PA United States
- Dickerson, P B
- Grant, J E
- Sharp, M L
- Wolff, N P
- Yanok, G P
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Hulls; Joints (Engineering); Shipbuilding; Shipbuilding materials; Structural design; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aluminum ships; Welded joints
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-75-C-4012
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM