INVESTIGATION OF METHODS TO OPTIMIZE CAPTURED AIR BUBBLE SURFACE EFFECT SHIP DIGITAL SIMULATION FOR IRREGULAR SEA CONDITIONS
A study was conducted of the digital computer simulation of the equations of motion of the surface effect ship with six degrees of freedom. The version of the program under consideration was a simulation of the Bell Aerospace Systems 100-B captured air bubble craft (CAB) as adapted to the digital computer and operating in irregular seas. The objective of the study was to optimize the simulation by reducing computation time required to obtain solutions to the forces and moments acting on the craft while maintaining a reasonable degree of accuracy of the output variables.
Naval Postgraduate School1 University Circle
Monterey, CA USA 93943
- Mitchell, W R
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Ship motion; Ship simulators; Simulation; Surface effect ships; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Captured air bubble ships; Irregular waves
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095123
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MS Thesis
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM