INSTRUMENTATION OF SS CHARLES M. BEEGHLY 1973 SEASON
The research program is generating full-scale stress data from three bending transducers both during normal operation of the vessel and during special maneuvering tests. Contained in this report are time-history and spectral data from eight storms which generated midship bending stress data exceeding 18,000 psi, peak-to-trough; data from maneuvering tests; a descrption of the instrumentation system; a summary table of stress and associated data for the entire season from the three transducers.
Teledyne Materials Research303 Bear Hill Road
Waltham, MA USA 02154
- Wheaton, J W
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending stress; Electromagnetic spectrum; Flexural strength; Hulls; Instrumentation; Ore carriers; Ships
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull instrumentation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095122
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: I-1527(i)USCG-D2675 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-22845
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM