PROCEEDINGS OF FLOATING BREAKWATERS CONFERENCE HELD AT NEWPORT, R.I., 23-25 APRIL, 1974
A collection of the 18 papers presented at the Floating Breakwater Conference held in Newport Rhode Island, April 23-25, 1974 is presented. Titles included are: Floating breakwaters--state of the art; Theoretical analysis of floating breakwater performance; The effect of surge, heave and pitch on the performance of a floating breakwater; Tethered float breakwaters; The performance of an offset breakwater configuration in wind-generated waves; A wave barrier concept; Development of hermaphrodite breakwater units utilizing hydrofoils in specific arrangement; Attenuation of wind-generated deep water waves by pneumatic and hydraulic breakwaters; Prototype performance characteristics of a floating breakwater; The 'Seabreaker' floating breakwater; Goodyear scrap tire floating breakwater concepts; The Harris floating breakwater; Scrap tire floating breakwaters; Materials and construction techniques for floating breakwaters; Practical applications of floating breakwaters for small craft harbors; Workshop I: Future uses of floating breakwaters; Workshop II: floating breakwaters for small boat marinas; and a chronological survey of the literature on transportable and floating breakwaters.
- Prepared in cooperation with Washington Univ., Seattle.
University of Rhode Island, KingstonDepartment of Ocean Engineering, 227 Water Hall
Kingston, RI United States 02881
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration6010 Executive Boulevard
Rockville, MD United States 20852
University of Washington, SeattleSeattle, WA United States 98195
- Kowalski, T
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 322 p.
- TRT Terms: Beaches; Breakwaters; Erosion; Floating breakwaters; State of the art
- Old TRIS Terms: Beach erosion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00095111
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Marine-TR-24
- Contract Numbers: NOAA-04-3-158-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM