TRAVELERS' SERVICES: RESEARCH PROBLEM STATEMENTS
This Circular contains four research problem statements developed and selected by the Transportation Research Board Committee A3B05, Travelers' Services, which has interest in the advancement of facility design and the resulting improvements to operations efficiency and safety. The Committee is concerned with travelers' needs and services which must be provided to all types of travelers in conjunction with planning and executing single or multi-modal trips in a safe, convenient, and efficient manner. Among other items, the Committee concerns itself with rest areas, emergency services, and information necessary for travelers to make decisions relative to the selection of modes, selection of routes, and transfers between modes of travel. Each research problem statement contains the following: title, problem statement, objective, key words, related work, urgency/priority, cost, implementation, and effectiveness.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1990-8
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 358
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Highway advisory radio; Motorist aid systems; Needs assessment; Parking; Research; Roadside advertising; Roadside rest areas; Signs; Tourists; Traffic safety; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Traveler services
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00496806
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM