INVESTIGATION OF THE PROXIMITY EFFECT OF THE WALL ON THE READINGS OF A HOT-WIRE ANEMOMETER IN A TURBULENT BOUNDARY LAYER
The high sensitivity and small dimensions of the wire in the probe of the hot-wire anemometer make it indispensable during the measurement of velocity distribution in the immediate proximity of the wall. However, these advantages of the hot-wire anemometer cannot be used until the proximity effect of the wall and the velocity gradient on the instrument readings is studied. The report described results of the study.
- Edited machine trans. of Akademiya Nauk SSSR. Sibirskoe Otdelenie. Izvestiya. Seriya Tekhnicheskikh Nauk, n3 p45-52 1969 by Catherine M. Barber.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH United States
- Repik, E U
- Ponomareva, V S
- Publication Date: 1974-10-23
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Anemometry; Boundary layer; Shear stress; Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer; Velocity; Walls
- Old TRIS Terms: Hot wire anemometry; Velocity profiles; Wall shear stress
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095104
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-MT-24-1814-74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM