RESISTANCE AND PROPULSION TEST RESULTS ON TWO MODELS. 1. SERIES 60, C SUB B EQUAL 0.80. 2. HIGH SPEED CARGO SHIP PD 108-S5-0
This report presents the results of resistance and self-propulsion tests of two models carried out at the Ship Model Towing Tank from October to December, 1961, as an extension to two model tests previously performed under the sponsorship of the Maritime Administration. These earlier tests showed that good results could be obtained with a 14-foot (LBP) model size as compared to the 20-foot size normally used at David Taylor Model Basin. It was decided, however, to investigate further the correlation of results obtained with these two model sizes, specifically for a fuller model, such as Series 60, CB = 0.80. In addition, a finer model, the Maritime Administration design PD 108-S5-0, was tested so that correlation data for a complete range of block coefficients would be available. This model was tested at two draft conditions.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ORA-04652.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Michelsen, F C
- Couch, R B
- Kim, H C
- Publication Date: 1962-3
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Model basins; Ships; Structural models
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship models
- Old TRIS Terms: Model scaling; Model testing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026514
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-2564
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM