A REPORT ON 93 SNOWMOBILE ACCIDENTS IN SASKATCHEWAN DURING THE 1972-73 SEASON
This report describes some of the findings of a study of 93 injury-producing snowmobile accidents which occured in Saskatchewan during the winter of 1972-73/ It was one of three studies commissioned by the Canada Ministry of Transport. The other two were conducted in Ottawa and Quebec City areas, by study teams in those areas. The Saskatchewan study was carried out under Canada Ministry of Transport contract No. 95098. The author, Dan Lischynski (B. Sc. Mechanical Engineering,) is a full-time member of the Vehicle Accident Study Team. It also contains a data code index and summary sheets, recommended forms for use by hospitals admitting snowmobile accident cases or their guardians. /RTAC/
University of Saskatchewan, CanadaDepartment of Civil Engineering
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
- Lischynski, D K
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Crash reports; Hospitals; Injuries; Multidisciplinary teams; Snowmobiles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00129466
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 7300 IV Acty Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM