WINTER MAINTENANCE MANUAL AND CODE OF GOOD PRACTICE (WORKING DRAFT FOR USE IN 1988/89 WINTER)
This draft document is aimed at senior staff in highway authorities in the UK involved in the management of winter maintenance. It is a code of good practice and provides information on the latest developments in winter maintenance. It is intended that this document will be reviewed annually and re-published each autumn, and used in conjunction with the Department of Transport publication ' winter maintenance statement of service and code of practice for trunk roads'. Sections are included on: organisational arrangements and operational standards for winter maintenance; manpower requirements; the use of salt and alternative de-icing materials and their storage; weather prediction and monitoring; reconnaissance and rescue operations; design standards; current research; statistical sources of information; damage reporting, costs and reimbursement procedures; and relevant legislation. Appendices include a bibliography.
County Surveyors SocietyRomney House, 43 Marsham Street
- Publication Date: 1988-9
- Pagination: n.p.
- Issue Number: 5/12
- TRT Terms: Deicing chemicals; Equipment; Handling and storage; Ice; Manuals; Safety; Snow removal; Storage facilities; Weather; Winter maintenance
- ITRD Terms: 2598: Deicing; 3674: Equipment; 2578: Ice; 1665: Safety; 2542: Snow clearance; 9137: Storage; 8526: Textbook; 2545: Weather; 2593: Winter maintenance
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00498900
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM