OPERATIONS ANALYSIS OF MARITIME TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS REPORT ON FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF AN IMPROVED SYSTEM ON TRADE ROUTE 10
Information on the functional requirements for an improved Maritime system for a specific liner service on Trade Route 10 is presented. These functional requirements consist of a definition of the work to be performed by the system and environment in which it is to operate. The work to be performed by the system is the receipt, loading, transportation, discharge and dispatch of quantitities of various cargoes between specific ports at a given frequency. Conditions, limitations and practices in the ports to be served and the weather and sea conditions on the route are the primary environmental factors considered. Only cargo carried on dry-cargo liners which fall into two distinct categories, "commercial" and "defense", is considered.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number V-5240-1-F-10.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1962-4-27
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cost control; Dry bulk carriers; Trade routes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost reduction
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00026513
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-2451
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1973 12:00AM