MANAGING AND FINANCING RURAL ROAD MAINTENANCE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
This report reviews what is currently known about the technical, financial, and managerial constraints that make the problem of managing and financing rural roads so difficult, especially in developing countries. A section of the report also reviews what is known about the more technical aspects of rural road maintenance under the expectation that proper maintenance activities are necessary if road deterioration is to be slowed.
- The report is a product of the Decentralization: Finance and Management (DFM) Project, sponsored by USAID S&T/RD, in collaboration with Syracuse University and Indiana University.
Associates in Rural Development, Incorporated110 Main Street
Burlington, VT United States 05401
- Schroeder, L
- Publication Date: 1990-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Developing countries; Finance; Highway maintenance; Maintenance management; Rural highways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Maintenance administration
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00497035
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM