STATUS OF THE MARITIME REACTOR PROGRAM ORNL JUNE 1, 1962 TO OCTOBER 1, 1962
The outcome of a series of in-place filter tests on the emergency and normal ventilation system of the reactor compartment is reported, and an evaluation of the consequence of the N.S. Savannah MCA (maximum credible accident) in port is presented. Results of the shielding survey confirm that dose rates in the passenger and crew areas exceed the specified limits at only one point. Also, material is presented on the measurement of fission product activities in samples taken from the pressurized water loop.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ORNL-CF-62-10-22.
Oak Ridge National LaboratoryDepartment of Energy
Oak Ridge, TN USA 37831
Union Carbide Nuclear Company,
- McCurdy, H C
- Publication Date: 1962-10-2
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Radiation doses; Safety; Ventilation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor safety; Radiological safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Status Rpt
- Contract Numbers: W-7405-eng-26
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM