TORONTO COMMUTER RAIL STUDY. REPORT 37
This study was conducted on behalf of the Minister of Transport and administered through the Canadian Transport Commission. It resulted from a request by the chairman of the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto to undertake an assessment of the potential of providing new commuter rail services over existing railroad right-of-way within Metropolitan Toronto. This report provides information that would be acceptable as the basis for negotiations by the various government agencies and organizations, including the railways, that might be involved in the provision of new services. The report is divided into 5 main classificaitons: Commuter Rail Service in context, Identification of Potential Routes, Demand Analysis, Cost Analysis and Evaluation. /RTAC/
Canadian Transport CommissionSystems Analysis Branch, 275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 174 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Commuters; Costs; Improvements; Level of service; Metropolitan areas; Railroad transportation; Routes; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00129437
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 37 R&D Rept.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM