PROCEDURE LOGIC DESIGN FOR IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATION OF A DEMAND RESPONSIVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM (HADDONFIELD DIAL-A-RIDE)
This report is a supplement to "Implementation and Operation of a Demand Responsive Public Transportation System (Haddonfield Dial-A-Ride)." This particular report on the procedure logic design is presented to show the logic flow of all phases of a manually controlled Dial-A- Ride. The logical design of the Dial-A-Ride Control System is the heart of the system design. From it stem the procedures and training materials. The diagrams shown here are after the initial simulation task was completed. The shorthand notational system employed is presented. Arrow flow diagrams show that time sequence and events in the system. With use of these diagrams, questions of timing, branching to new procedures, flow of documents and information storage can be studied. Personnel and equipment requirements can be determined. Results of time studies made during simulation are presented.
- This is one of 6 supplements to the subject and summary reports.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Demand responsive transportation; Energy; Flow charts; Logic (Mathematics); Manual control; Methodology; Public transit; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow diagrams; Logic
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095040
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NJ-06-0002-743FSupplement
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM