MANUAL CONTROL OPERATING PROCEDURES MANUAL FOR IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATION OF A DEMAND RESPONSIVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM (HADDONFIELD DIAL-A-RIDE)
This report is a supplement to "Implementation and Operation of a Demand Responsive Public Transportation System (Haddonfield Dial-A-Ride)." This particular manual is presented as an aid to the operation of a manually controlled Dial-A-Ride. Personnel policies toward the vehicle operators and control room staff (i.e., public contact, wage and pay policy) are presented. In terms of vehicle operations, discussion includes pickup and delivery etiquette and vehicle scheduling. Contingency/Emergency procedures are related. Functions of telephonist, scheduler, dispatcher and supervisory activities and responsibilities are delineated. Radio communications are discussed. The appendices contain interim instructions.
- This is one of 6 supplements to the subject and summary reports.
Trenton, NJ USA 08625
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 290 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand responsive transportation; Energy; Maintenance practices; Manual control; Manuals; Operators (Persons); Personnel; Pickup trucks; Public transit; Scheduling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operation and maintenance; Operator
- Old TRIS Terms: Pickups
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00095039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NJ-06-0002-743ESupplement
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM