DRIVER'S CLASS NOTEBOOK FOR IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATION OF A DEMAND RESPONSIVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM (HADDONFIELD DIAL-A-RIDE)
This report is a supplement to "Implementation and Operation of a Demand Responsive Public Transportation System (Haddonfield Dial-A-Ride)." This Driver's Class Notebook is presented as an aid to training drivers for a Dial-A-Ride type operation. Since attainment of the purpose of Dial-A-Ride is largely in the hands of the vehicle operator, such topics as public relations, pickup and delivery etiquette, stop procedures, handling cash fares and tickets, vehicle scheduling and driver assignment are discussed under the heading of vehicle operations. Contingency/ emergency procedures to follow in case of illness or breakdown are presented. Radio communication is examined. Appendices present the phonetic alphabet and an example of the radio exchange when a vehicle makes a stop.
- This is one of 6 supplements to the subject and summary reports.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand responsive transportation; Disasters and emergency operations; Driver training; Energy; Fares; Hazards and emergency operations; Operators (Persons); Pickup trucks; Public relations; Public transit; Training; Training devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operator
- Old TRIS Terms: Pickups
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Energy; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095036
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NJ-06-0002-743BSupplement
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM