CONTROLLER'S CLASS NOTEBOOK FOR IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATION OF A DEMAND RESPONSIVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM (HADDONFIELD DIAL-A-RIDE)
This report is a supplement to "Implementation and Operation of a Demand Responsive Public Transportation System (Haddonfield Dial-A-Ride)." This controller's class notebook is presented as an aid to training Control Room personnel in all phases of Control Room operation of a manually controlled Dial-A-Ride. Its purpose is to guide and direct those who are responsible for operating Dial-A-Ride system in Haddonfield, New Jersey, and surrounding service areas. It contains the necessary policy and procedures to operate the system. It is also used for training control room staff and the vehicle operators. As an adjunct to the operating portion there is also a section on personnel policies and procedures. Staff is discussed in terms of such issues as personnel selection and training, wage and pay policy. Another topic presented is on contingency/emergency procedures. Radio communications are discussed. Definitions are presented for ease in understanding.
- This is one of 6 supplements to the subject and summary reports.
Trenton, NJ USA 08625
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 147 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Demand responsive transportation; Disasters and emergency operations; Energy; Maintenance practices; Manual control; Operators (Persons); Public transit; Training; Training devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency services; Operation and maintenance; Operator
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00095035
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NJ-06-0002-743ASupplement
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM