IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATION OF A DEMAND RESPONSIVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM (HADDONFIELD DIAL-A-RIDE)
This publication describes features of the installation and operation of the manually scheduled Haddonfield, New Jersey Dial-A-Ride system. Considerable interest has arisen in providing Dial-A-Ride service to other localities. The purpose of this document is to provide guidelines from the experience in the Haddonfield project to assist others in procuring and operating a Dial-A-Ride system. Included are sections on: the facility and equipment, operations, handling of and accounting for revenue, communications, personnel training, and sales promotion. In order to serve as a guide for implementing a similar system, information for ordering and building equipment as well as actual operating procedures and forms are reproduced. The appendices explain the logic and rationale behind the development of certain procedures. This information should be useful in adapting those procedures to different situations.
- This project also consists of a summary report and 6 supplements.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 224 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Demand responsive transportation; Energy; Equipment; Guidelines; Implementation; Manual control; Operating revenues; Paratransit services; Public transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Dial-a-bus
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00095033
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NJ-06-0002-74-3
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM