RECOMMENDED PROCEDURE FOR EVALUATION AND JUSTIFICATION OF TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES AT INTERSECTIONS
The report describes the results of research to determine an economic analysis for aid in the evaluation and justification of traffic control devices at intersections. The economic effects of traffic control measures are utilized in the benefit/cost ratio economic analysis for evaluating different traffic control proposals, and aiding in the justification procedure. Results from the application of this method to an intersection in the city of Texarkana, Texas show the value and importance of this proposed evaluation and justification procedure.
Army Materiel CommandIntern Training Center
Fort Belvoir, VA United States 22060
- Williams, K L
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Control; Costs; Economic analysis; Evaluation; Highways; Intersections; Theses; Traffic; Traffic control devices; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Cost benefits
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society;
- Accession Number: 00094895
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USAMCITC02-08-76-414Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM