NS SAVANNAH PLANT EQUIPMENT PERFORMANCE
Equipment performance for tne N.S. Savannah power plant and related equipment during the operations period from May to December, 1962, was good. Equipment systems in the containment vessel including the reactor, primary, pressurizing, relief, purification, and control rod drive systems performed their functions without serious malfunction. Reactor operation was not affected by equipment problems in these systems; repair was not necessary until the plant could be conveniently shut down and worked on in port. A normal amount of equipment repair and maintenance was encountered in the conventional ship mechanical systems. Overall power plant performance was proven reliable and without serious design deficiencies.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number TODD/SML-NSS-4.
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA USA
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1962
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Ships; Vehicle components
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation; Ship equipment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026501
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TODD/SML-NSS-4
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206, MA-1889
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM