ISSUES AND RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES SYSTEM FOR LOS ANGELES COUNTY. VOLUME I
The purpose of the project was to develop recommendations for improving emergency medical services (EMS) in Los Angeles County. A socio-technical approach combined technical system planning tasks with a social process of choice. Out of the initial countywide conference on EMS in 1972, a Coordinating Council was established, comprising appointees from 30 organizations in the county concerned with EMS. There are 87 recommendations regarding treatment services provided in field and transport, communications, public education, training and system management. A number of these recommendations are for further study. The primary remaining task is to make a choice as to a recommended concept for system management. Vol. 1 of this final report presents issues and recommendations regarding improvement of the system for delivery of EMS. It should be viewed as a vehicle for discussion and as a foundation for implementation of a countywide EMS system.
Los Angeles County, CaliforniaCountywide Coordinating Council on Emergency Medical Services
Los Angeles, CA USA
Public Health Service5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD USA 20852
California Regional Medical ProgramOakland, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Disasters and emergency operations; Education; Emergency medical services; Health care; Health care facilities; Health care services; Management; Management information systems; Medical services; Patients; Planning; Public health; Recommendations; Social values; Specialized training; Specifications; Technology assessment; Telecommunications; Transportation; Transportation system management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency services; Requirement; Systems management
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Health care delivery systems; Health care utilization; Technical analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094807
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRMP-146I-6 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: PHS-RM-00019
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM