ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS
ECONOMISCHE EFFECTEN VAN VERKEERSONGEVALLEN
A brief review is presented of some international publications concerning traffic accident costs. An attempt is made to show which costs are considered in each of the publications studied. Costs can be: vehicle damage, medical costs, insurance costs, police or local authority costs, loss of income, emergency costs, productivity losses etc. There is no homogeneity in the different studies. Some definitions are given of the loss of productivity caused by traffic accidents.
Stichting het Nederlands Economisch InstituutBurgemeester Oudlaan 50
- Publication Date: 1985-10
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Costs; Crashes; Economics; Forecasting; Income; Injuries; Insurance; Loss and damage; Methodology; Police; Traffic; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00498850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM