COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN IN HIGHWAY DESIGN
CAD IN HET WEGONTWERP
The use of the computer aided design (cad) has increased as an aid for the designing process. At first the application of cad was in the field of electronics, but later cad was used in many specialities such as road design and road construction. This report presents the state of the art of automatization in highway design. Chapter II discusses the system components of a cad system such as the central data processing, the system program package, and the graphical programs. Chapter III presents the different areas of highway design, together with the automatized aids which can be used by the designer. The development of the use of three dimensional perspectives in colour is considered. Chapter IV mentions the hardware and the software which is used at the Dutch highschool for tourism and traffic.
Hogeschool voor Toerisme en VerkeerStappegoorweg 201
- Thomassen, J
- Publication Date: 1985-9
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Color; Computer aided design; Computer programs; Highway design; Layout; Mathematical models; Simulation; Visual display units (Computers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Vdu
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00498846
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM