AUTOMOTIVE EXHAUST SYSTEM LEAK TEST
The patent is for a method of quantitatively determining leaks in any constant mass input fluid flow system such as an automobile engine exhaust system, by measuring the pressure drops across a pair of different sized orifices interchangeably connected in a flowmeter, at the tailpipe exit of the exhaust system.
- Supersedes PB-224 839. Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Klaubert, E C
- Lavery, A L
- Broderick, A J
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Detectors; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Exhaust pipes; Flowmeters; Leakage; Measurement; Patents; Pressure
- Old TRIS Terms: Pressure drop; Pressure reduction
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094791
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-372-749
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM