DISABLED PERSONS TRANSPORT ADVISORY COMMITTEE. SECOND ANNUAL REPORT
The remit of the disabled persons transport advisory committee is to advise the secretary of state for transport on matters relating to the needs of disabled persons in conjunction with passenger transport. This second annual report describes continuing efforts to remove obstacles to mobility. Sections are included on: (a) private transport, which includes details on the mobility advice and vehicle information service (mavis), the 1989 mobility roadshow, assessment centres and rehabilitation and private vehicle conversions; (b) taxis; (c) buses, which includes initiatives made by the bus and coach working group of the committee on design specifications, modifications of buses, training, improvement of information for bus abd coach customers, and initiatives made by London regional transport; (d) railways; (e) air travel; (f) ferries; (G) pedestrians; and (h) accident prevention. A list of selected reports produced by the transport and Road Research Laboratory between 1967 and 1988 is included in the appendices. A separate report was submitted in July 1988, which deals with the financial implications of providing public transport for the disabled (see IRRD no 818909). For the first annual report, see IRRD no 818908.
Department for Transport, EnglandGreat Minster House, 76 Marsham Street
London, England SW1P 4DR
- Publication Date: 1988-8
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Airports; Automobiles; Buses; Federal government; Minibuses; Mobility; Pedestrians; Persons with disabilities; Policy; Private transportation; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Ships; Subways; Taxicabs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Modifications
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 9139: Accessibility; 1037: Airport; 1272: Bus; 1243: Car; 1726: Disabled person; 183: Government (national); 1263: Minibus; 9105: Mobility (pers); 9048: Modification; 1733: Pedestrian; 173: Policy; 746: Private transport; 744: Public transport; 1173: Rail bound transport; 1248: Ship; 1148: Taxi; 1191: Underground railway; 8119: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Marine Transportation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00498734
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM