RADIOISOTOPE GAUGE FOR DETERMINING CEMENT CONTENT OF CONCRETE
This invention pertains to a non-destructive testing technique for determining the amount of a constituent of interest in a mixture. The technique employs a probe which contains a single source of radiation and a detector for radiation backscattered from the test mixture. The probe is movable, in stepwise fashion, inside a tubular spacer mounted in and coaxial of a sample holder. The invention also contemplates the use of a standard having constant radiation absorption characteristics; backscattered radiation from the test mixture and standard being compared to provide information commensurate with the amount of the constituent.
- Supersedes PB-231 501. Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Mitchell, T M
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Backscattering; Cement content; Chemical analysis; Concentration (Chemistry); Concrete; Detectors; Electromagnetic radiation; Measuring instruments; Nondestructive tests; Patents; Probes (Measuring devices); Radioisotopes; Samplers
- Old TRIS Terms: Probes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00094786
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-462618 Patent
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM