HEAVY DUTY ASPHALT PAVEMENTS WITH LAKE ASPHALT BINDERS. DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE OF BITUMINOUS HIGHWAY MATERIALS, HATFIELD POLYTECHNIC, 3-4 APRIL 1989
This article surveys the advantages and wide range of uses for Trinidad lake asphalt based pavements, and how new uses are still being found for its unique properties. The advantages include: (a) improvement in stability; (B) increased skid resistance; (c) better fatigue performance; (d) improved adhesion and cohesion; (e) special colour qualities; (f) increased durability; and (g) ease of application even under difficult weather conditions. Brief case histories are provided which indicate the international use of lake asphalt. These include examples of bridge deck and tunnel surfacing in America, the United Kingdom, and Japan. The use of lake asphalt in containerbase and similar load bearing surfaces, highway surfaces, and airport runways, taxiways and standing areas. For the covering abstract of this conference see IRRD 823743.
Hatfield Polytechnic, EnglandSchool of Engineering, College Lane, P.O. Box 109
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
- DUSSEK, I
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Binders; Bituminous mixtures; Bridge decks; Conferences; Evaluation and assessment; Flexible pavements; Mix design; Pavements; Properties of materials; Trinidad asphalt; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Use
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Materials; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00498707
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM