BUS DEREGULATION AND PRIVATISATION; AN INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE
This book contains a number of specially written papers about local bus privatisation and deregulation. Chapters are provided on: (a) the British experience with deregulation; (b) models of competition and the effects of bus service deregulation; (c) contestability in the UK bus industry; (d) an economic assessment of integration of public transport; (e) transit policy and the cost structure of urban bus transportation; (f) productivity in privately owned and operated bus firms in Australia; (g) competition in the provision of United States and UK urban bus services; and (h) privatisation of bus services in South East Asia. For the abstracts of individual chapters see IRRD 826281-826288.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0566055767
Gower PublishingBrookfield, VT United States
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 246 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Benefit cost analysis; Buses; Competition; Costs; Deregulation; Economic efficiency; Federal government; Financing; Mathematical models; Operations research; Policy; Private transportation; Public transit; Regions; Theory; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Asia; Australia; United Kingdom; United States
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 8005: Asia; 8006: Australia; 1272: Bus; 235: Competition; 224: Cost; 226: Cost benefit analysis; 144: Deregulation; 237: Economic efficiency; 244: Financing; 183: Government (national); 6473: Mathematical model; 9055: Operational research; 173: Policy; 746: Private transport; 744: Public transport; 378: Region; 9078: Theory; 8119: United Kingdom; 313: Urban area; 8122: USA
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00498416
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 0-566-05576-7
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM