TASK ANALYSIS CYCLISTS AND MOPED-RIDERS; RESEARCH PROGRAMME 1988 COVERNOTE
TAAKANALYSE FIETSERS EN BROMFIETSERS; ONDERZOEKPROGRAMMA 1988 COVERNOTA
The multiyear programme which analyses cyclists and moped-riders tasks has the objective of providing empirical based recommendations for educational countermeasures to increase the safety of such road users. The programme is built up from an inventory of existing knowledge on the safety for cyclists and moped-riders and their underlying factors, analyses of task requirements and task fulfillment, studies to provide scientific knowledge regarding the knowledge, attitudes and skills and experience of cyclists and moped-riders, and research for the development of educational programmes. The research is done at the Traffic Research Center of the University of Groningen ordered by the Dutch Institute for Traffic Safety Research (SWOV). During 1988 three studies were published. Two on educational methods and one on the cognitive skill of moped-riders. This note summarises these studies and their conclusions are incorporated in the total research. For the three above mentioned studies see IRRD 819905, 819906 and 821386. See also IRRD 819029.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Wittink, R D
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Comprehension; Cyclists; Development; Driver experience; Driving; Education; Knowledge; Methodology; Mopeds; Motor skills; Prevention; Safety; Schools; Theory; Traffic
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00498404
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-88-19
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM