ATHABASCA TAR SANDS CORRIDOR STUDY. VOLUME 1. PART 1. CORRIDOR CONCEPT
Impending development of the Athabasca tar sands area will generate a demand for a wide variety of transportation facilities; a plan for the linkage of the resource area with its markets and supply centers is presented. A proposal is made for the development of a multipurpose transportation corridor system, incorporating multi-pipelines, electric-power transmission lines, and communication systems in a single right-of-way corridor.
- U.S. Sales Only.
Athabasca Tar Sands Corridor Study GroupEdmonton, AB Canada
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Communications; Electric power; Environmental impacts; Lines of track; Markets; Pipelines; Planning; Public utilities; Railroads; Relocation (Facilities); Right of way (Land); Roads; Sand; Tar; Telecommunications; Transmission lines; Transportation; Transportation corridors; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems; Utilities
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Athabasca deposit; Line relocation; Oil sand industry; Oil sands; Railway
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094755
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM