STRUCTURAL CONNECTIONS. STABILITY AND STRENGTH
This book presents the recent advances in methods of analysis used to design or to predict the behaviour of simple and semi rigid joints in steel and composite structures. Recent developments in bolted and welded joints, endplate behaviour, inelastic behaviour of connections, semi-rigid joints, and frame behaviour with flexible joints have all been included. Chapters are included on the following: a) methods of prediction of joint behaviour : beam to column connections; semi rigid composite joints; influences of joint characteristics on structural response of frames; the strength of in-plate fillet welded connections; welded joints between hollow sections; moment-transmitting bolted endplate connections; elastic and inelastic buckling of semi rigid sway frames; and analysis of steel frames with flexible joints. For abstracts of some of the papers see IRRD 824260-824262.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/185166288X
Elsevier Science PublishersCrown House, Linton Road
Barking, Essex IG11 8JU, England
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 462 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Composite materials; Concrete; Design; Forecasting; Frames; Heat transfer; Joints (Engineering); Loads; Mathematical analysis; Mathematical models; Moments (Mechanics); Rotation; Scale models; Steel; Strength of materials; Structural models; Torque; Transfer characteristics
- ITRD Terms: 6471: Analysis (math); 9001: Behaviour; 9005: Composite; 4755: Concrete; 9011: Design (overall design); 132: Forecast; 3322: Frame; 2998: Joint (structural); 5567: Load; 6473: Mathematical model; 6205: Model (not math); 5410: Moment (force); 6406: Rotation; 4542: Steel; 5544: Strength (mater); 6731: Transfer (phys)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design;
- Accession Number: 00498012
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 1-85166-288-X
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM