AUTOMOBILE AIR POLLUTION. PART 4. NEW AUTOMOTIVE ENGINES AND ENGINE IMPROVEMENTS (CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATA BASE)
This part of the series on automobile air pollution includes studies on new designs of automobile engines. The bibliography contains citations covering studies on gas turbines, stratified charged engines, steam engines, hybrid engines using electric motors or flywheels, and rotary engines. Many of these studies also include the problem of improving fuel economy while lowering emissions. Retrofit devices are included in Part 3 of this series. (This updated bibliography contains 111 abstracts, 51 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-75/312.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Lehmann, E J
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Air pollution; Air quality management; Automobiles; Bibliographies; Design; Diesel engines; External combustion engines; Extrapolation; Fuel consumption; Gas turbines; Hybrid vehicles; Motors; Rankine engines; Retrofitting; Steam engines; Stratified charge engines; Turbine engines; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Rankine cycle
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1977 12:00AM