SECTION A009: ROCKVILLE ROUTE, YUMA STREET ALTERNATIVES, SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION
The report summarizes results of eight borings made in connection with a study of a series of possible alternatives for the Yuma Street link in Section A009 of Rockville Route connecting the subway on Connecticut Avenue with the continuation of the subway on Wisconsin Avenue within Northwest Washington, D.C., of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system. The investigation was made to generally assess subsurface conditions at the locations of subway structures in connection with an environmental impact statement. The report contains a series of geological sections illustrating four alternative positions for this connecting link, logs of the eight borings and a general discussion of anticipated subsurface conditions.
- Sponsored in part by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C.
Mueser, Rutlege, Wentworth and Johnston415 Madison Avenue
New York, NY USA 10314
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyL'Enfant Plaza North Building
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1975-11-26
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Construction; Environmental impact statements; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Geology; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Testing; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00094698
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-139 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1981 12:00AM