SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, BRANCH ROUTE, 'B' CORRIDOR, STATIONS 178+25 TO 484 (F004 TO F008) AND ARS MEDIAN STATIONS 310 TO 424 (F008)
Results are presented of 87 borings made on two alignments of Branch Route, the "B" Corridor extending south from Anacostia through Congress Heights to a yard at Rosecroft Raceway and Section F008 of ARS Median from Station 310 along the Suitland Parkway median to a yard near Henson Creek, of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system. The investigation was made to determine subsurface conditions at the subway locations which consist chiefly of single-track earth tunnels in the "B" Corridor alignment and at-grade construction or aerial structures in ARS Median. The report includes continuous geological sections along the line of the subway in the area of the investigations, logs of the test borings, laboratory test data and conclusions regarding design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C.
Mueser, Rutlege, Wentworth and Johnston415 Madison Avenue
New York, NY United States 10314
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1975-11-15
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Geology; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Testing; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00094692
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-142
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1981 12:00AM