FRONTAL CRASH RESPONSES: A FRONTAL CRASH TEST OF A 1984 HONDA ACCORD CENTERED INTO A RIGID POLE WITH A CLOSING VELOCITY OF 30.0 MPH
This test report doucments one of a series of crash tests to evluate Part 572 and Hybrid III dummy responses in both the restrained and unrestrained environment, and to catalog vehicle structural responses from a variety of crash configurations. Testing was conducted with a 1984 Honda Accord 4-door Sedan at the TRCO Crash Test Facility, East Liberty, Ohio. The Honda Accord was towed into the Centerline of the rigid pole at 0 deg with a closing velocity of 30.060.1 mph. One Hybrid III dummy was located in the driver's designated seating position and one Hybrid III dummy was located in the right front seating position. The test date was April 25, 1985 and the ambient temperature was 72 deg F.
East Liberty, OH United States 43319
- Beebe, M
- Wade, B
- Publication Date: 1985-7
- Pagination: 161 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash tests; Crashes; Dummies; Frontal crashes; Poles (Supports); Testing
- Identifier Terms: Honda Accord; Honda automobile
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00497522
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 850425, HS-806 807
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM