TECHNICAL AND ECONOMICAL CONSIDERATIONS ON THE USE OF SELF-SUPPORTING PLASTIC SANDWICH CONSTRUCTIONS IN ELECTRICAL VEHICLES
The development of a new type of electrical transport vehicle is described with a floor module using self supporting plastic sandwich construction methods (GFK/PUR sandwich = glass fiber reinforced plastic/polyurethane sandwich). The advantages of this plastic technology with respect to the vehicle concept and the economy of the vehicle are discussed. Details of special production methods and the economy of production are elaborated. (Author)
- Tran-Transl. Into English from Elektrotech. Z. Ausg. A (Berlin), V. 94, No. 11, Nov. 1973 p 679-682.
Scientific Translation ServiceSanta Barbara, CA United States
- RASCHBICHLER, H G
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Economic factors; Economics; Electric vehicles; Glass fibers; Plastics; Polyurethane resins; Product development; Reinforced plastics; Reinforcement (Engineering); Sandwich construction; Structural engineering; Technology
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00094676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TT-F-16824
- Contract Numbers: NASW-2791
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1977 12:00AM