THE PRESIDENT'S PROPOSAL FOR MAGNETIC LEVITATION TRANSPORTATION. HEARING BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON WATER RESOURCES, TRANSPORTATION, AND INFRASTRUCTURE, COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENT AND PUBLIC WORKS, UNITED STATES SENATE, 101ST CONGRESS, 2ND SESSION, MARCH 9, 1990
This hearing considered the President's proposal for magnetic levitation transportation. The President's budget proposal includes about $10 million for Maglev research and development. This is viewed in light of the $3 billion for Maglev research recently announced by Japan, and the fact that both Germany and Japan have systems that are in the full scale prototype testing stage. Included are testimony, prepared statements, and additional material submitted for the record.
United States SenateCommittee on Environment and Public Works
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Congressional hearings; Development; Finance; Financing; Magnetic levitation; Research; Testimony
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00497278
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: S. Hrg. 101-599
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM