TOWARDS BETTER PUBLIC TRANSPORT FINANCING, PRICING AND INVESTMENT DECISIONS
An attempt is made to clarify the arguments for various investment, pricing and subsidy criteria; to point out some benefit-cost analysis problems; and to note some differences between financial and economic efficiency considerations. At issue are questions such as: What programs should be funded? Who should pay the costs and how? When should programs be subsidized and to what extent? Should users be charged? If so, how much and by what method? However, treatment of these problems and issues is generally limited to public programs and projects and the discussion is confined to economic efficiency matters (rather than political, economic and social ones).
Washington, DC United States 20037
- Wohl, W
- Publication Date: 1970-12
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Decision making; Financing; Investments; Pricing; Public transit; Subsidies
- Subject Areas: Finance; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00497208
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UI 708-33
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM